Monday, August 23, 2010

Pillowcases!

I have seen recently that sewing pillowcases has become very popular. Then last week on The Crafting Pot I read about a great cause, 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge. American Patchwork & Quilting has set a challenge for sewers to help reach the goal of donating 1 million pillowcases to local charities through out 2010. I am sure we (well most crafters anyway) have a stack, box, cupboard, etc of fabrics we just haven't found the right project for. Well, here's your chance! Whip up a few pillowcases and donate them to a local charity!

If the thought of making pillowcases has ever had you a bit nervous, by following a photo tutorial (I admit it, I was) The girls at The Crafting Pot also found a wonderful video tutorial. I personally love video tuts, because I know I am following the steps correctly.

Anyway stop on by The Crafting Pot through out the month of Sept. for some great challenges!

No comments: